<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Aouie's Journal

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

A Collection of Random Quotes

As we grow older, it becomes difficult to just believe. It's not that we don't want to, but too much has happened and we can't.
- Samantha, Now and Then

I went looking for my ideals outside of myself. I discovered it's not what the world holds for you, it's what you bring to it. The dreams dearest to my heart are right here.
- Anne Shirley, Anne of Green Gables: The Sequel

If you love someone you say it, you say it right then, out loud. Otherwise the moment just passes you by...
- Michael O'Neill, My Best Friend's Wedding

I love that you get cold when it's 71 degrees out. I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich. I love that you get a little crinkle above your nose when you're looking at me like I'm nuts. I love that after I spend the day with you, I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And it's not because I'm lonely, and it's not because it's New Year's Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.
- Harry Burns, When Harry Met Sally

Love means never having to say you're sorry.
- Oliver Barrett IV, Love Story

Even if we never talk again after tonight, please know that I'm forever changed because of who you are and what you've meant to me.
- Holden McNeil, Chasing Amy

I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One.
- Seth, City of Angels

William: I live in Notting Hill. You live in Beverly Hills. Everyone in the world knows who you are, my mother has trouble remembering my name.
Anna Scott: I'm also just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.
- Notting Hill

Michael: Why me?
Mia: Because you saw me when I was invisible.
- Princess Diaries

I love you without knowing how, why, or even from where. I love you straightforwardly without complexities or pride. I love you because I know no other way than this. So close that your hand, on my chest, is my hand. So close, that when you close your eyes, I fall asleep.
- Patch Adams, Patch Adams

You are everything I never knew I always wanted.
- Alex Whitman, Fools Rush In

Kyle Davidson: You want me to tell you how I feel about you?
Miranda Presley: Yeah.
Kyle Davidson: Okay, okay. Uh, sometimes you hear a song on the radio and it's just the song you want to hear right then, and then it's over and you're just glad you heard it.
Miranda Presley: And I'm like that song?
Kyle Davidson: No, you're nothing like that song. You're like if that was the only song in the world that I could hear for the rest of my life. You're that song.
- The Thing Called Love

Henry: Do you really think there is only one perfect mate?
Leonardo da Vinci: As a matter of fact, I do.
Henry: Well then how can you be certain to find them? And if you do find them, are they really the one for you or do you only think they are? And what happens if the person you're supposed to be with never appears, or, or she does, but you're too distracted to notice?
Leonardo da Vinci: You learn to pay attention.
Henry: Then let's say God puts two people on Earth and they are lucky enough to find one another. But one of them gets hit by lightning. Well then what? Is that it? Or, perchance, you meet someone new and marry all over again. Is that the lady you're supposed to be with or was it the first? And if so, when the two of them were walking side by side were they both the one for you and you just happened to meet the first one first or, was the second one supposed to be first? And is everything just chance or are some things meant to be?
- Ever After

Albert: You know, honestly, I never knew I could feel like this. You know? I swear I'm, I'm going out of my mind. It's like I want to throw myself off of every building in New York. I, I see a cab and I just wanna dive in front of it because then I'll stop thinking about her.
Hitch: Look, you will. Just give it time.
Albert: That's just it. I don't want to. I mean, if this is the only way I can stay connected with her, then... well, this is who I have to be.
- Hitch

We need a witness to our lives. There are a billion people on the planet... I mean, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything. The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things... all of it, all of the time, every day. You're saying 'Your life will not go unnoticed because I will notice it. Your life will not go un-witnessed because I will be your witness'.
- Beverly Clark, Shall We Dance (2004)

I'm going to feel this way until I don't feel this way anymore.
- Sandy, Tootsie

I think sometimes... you have to lose somebody completely before you can figure out what they really mean to you.
- Dawson, Dawson's Creek (TV)

Sometimes you cannot believe what you see, you have to believe what you feel. And if you are ever going to have other people trust you, you must feel that you can trust them, too - even when you're in the dark. Even when you're falling.
- Morrie Schwartz, Tuesdays with Morrie (TV)

I don't give a crap about what other people think of me. Because I'm a happily independent and successful woman and I like it that way, only when you say stuff like this, it just makes things too hard. So please, don't chase me anymore, unless you're ready to catch me.
- Callie, Grey's Anatomy (TV)

My father told me there are two types of girls: the ones you grow out of and the ones you grow into. I hope I'm the latter. I may not be the one you love today, and that hurts. But I'll let you go for now, hoping one day you'll fly back to me. Because I think you're worth the wait.
- Chloe, Smallville (TV)

Luc: Why are you chasing after him, after what he's done to you?
Kate: Because I love him!... And because I'm afraid that if he doesn't come back, it'll hurt so much that part of me will just shrivel up and die and I'll never be able to love anyone ever again.
- French Kiss

Love isn't about ridiculous little words. Love isn’t about grand gestures. Love isn’t about airplanes pulling banners over stadiums, proposals on jumbo-trons, giant words in sky writing. Love is about going that extra mile even if it hurts, letting it all hang out there. Love is about finding courage inside of you that you didn't even know was there.
- Gabe, Little Manhattan

I wonder if you think about me half as much as I think about you.
- Adam, Untamed Heart

Nothing could possibly match that moment. It's everything you wait a lifetime for and that dream finally came true. What else could ever come close?
- Peter Colt, Wimbledon

But in the end, the most important thing to accept is that no matter how alone you feel, how painful it may be, with the help of those around you, you'll get through this too.
- JD, Scrubs (TV)

XOXOXOXOXOXO
25 quotes taken from the 39-page movie and tv show quotes i've compiled.

Labels:

a.o.u.i.e. scribbled this @ 3:01 PM

1 Comments