<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Aouie's Journal

Monday, October 02, 2006

My Message in a Bottle

My dearest Hugs,

UAAP season has just ended and Ateneo has lost the Championship to UST. A million memories have been flooding back in my mind since the finals series began more than a week ago - memories of college and memories of happy moments with you.

The other day, a friend asked me if I can remember the last time I was happy with you. And without even stopping to think twice, I said Valentine's Day. After all, that was the last time we were together. You treated me to dinner and took a cab home with me afterwards. It was a pleasant surprise and to this day, I have no idea why you did the things you did for me that night. No regrets though, it was a wonderful date and I am thankful even just for that one night.

During the typhoon, with nothing else to do but think, I realized how pathetic I have been the past four years. Time and again I told myself that I want to let everything go, that I really owe it to myself to move on. But then, if I'd just be honest with myself, I'd admit that despite knowing what I should do, moving on scares the hell out of me. I knew, for four years, how I felt for you and even if for a great part of those years I didn't know exactly where we stood, I held on to the familiarity of the situation. I stubbornly held on to the hope that one day you'd realize how much I mean to you and when that day comes we can finally give what might have been another a chance.

I don't know what I'm writing this for, I doubt if you'd even get to read this. All I'm certain of is that I love you and I'm still hoping. I know that whoever gets to read this would scold me for feeling the way I do, but saying differently would be a lie. I'm not proud of it, I know what should be, but it's how I feel and I stand by it.

'Til the next time my Hugs.

Yours, Kisses


P.S.
You know, I haven't called you that for longer than I can remember and I really miss it. I really miss you.

XOXOXOXOXOXO
if you can't let go now, either you never will or you're not supposed to...

Labels:

a.o.u.i.e. scribbled this @ 10:09 PM

3 Comments